Friday, October 26, 2007

Fish out of Water


I went to visit a local printer today to get giclee prints made of the Beales paintings. I had tried an online printing service, but the prints came back really flat and acid green in color. No good. So I found this guy online who is a retired engineer and husband of a great watercolor artist and made an appointment with him for this afternoon. He works out of his home in a rich suburb. I sort of knew what to expect because of the address, but when I got there I found a gated community! I hadn't entered a gated community since living in Mexico City. You could say I'm uncomfortable with money. Sure, I've had wealthy friends. Eccentric son of foreign diplomat money I can deal with. Suburban office working, beige carpeted Mc Mansion type money makes me twitchy, and a gate and buzzer.. well that just doesn't register. Driving around I felt I was going to be issued a citation simply for driving a car not of this decade.. or the last for that matter. I was thankful at least that we had fixed the car window so I was able to ring the buzzer at the gate without getting out of the car. The printer was nice enough. Very polite and experienced. I like the idea of knowing who is printing my paintings and having him work from the actual painting rather than a digital file. I pick up the prints on Tuesday. Wish me luck..
After leaving the land of large lawns and suburban bavarian architecture, I headed back to my neighborhood hardware store to buy some EnviroTex Lite Resin. The cashier did a little orchestra conductor dance as he rang me up. Then I went to Starbucks to thieve some stir sticks. Yup I'm workin' class.
Why the picture? All blog posts ought to have one- and well it's a perty day.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online