Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Self portrait with glasses



I rarely wear my glasses. Only to watch movies with subtitles and to drive at night. I could probably stand to wear them more, but my glasses are a tad large for my face. Since I don't wear them daily, I went for the cheap big chunky black frames. I usually spend too much on designer frames, and well I wanted some heavy duty glasses. The kind you don't lose or break, and that you can't see the edge of when you're wearing them.

I nearly went for a pair of red "Sally Jesse Raphael" frames. I remember when these were all the rage. I didn't wear glasses at the time, but my mom got a pair. I think my sister and I must have pushed for it, but I was so proud that my mom had these cool glasses. Strangely enough, the SJR frames were marked down heavily at Kaiser. I myself am getting too old to accesorize ironically, but surely these must make a comeback. It fits in with the 80s, and well, they are surprisingly flattering.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online