Friday, April 18, 2008

Have a good weekend Ms. Petersen




I'm off to the beach for a blistery & possibly snowy weekend. Maybe I'll finally get a
chance to watch my library movies.

I don't have any new art to post before leaving, but after some trial and error, I figured out a method for translating my floral paintings to wax. I have one done so far, but two others in the works, so I'll post them when I get back. I'll also be posting the other paintings I finished in my shop next week.

Oh and the posting title? I live next door to Safeway and so despite it not being my favored grocery store, I seem to find myself there nearly every day and sometimes three times a day when I'm being especially forgetful. Every time, when I punch in my club card number upon checkout, the name 'Amanda Petersen' prints out on my receipt. The checker then looks at the receipt, hands it to me and says 'you saved $2.03 today Ms. Petersen.' I never thought to correct them, why bother? Today I was running out and I forgot something at the checkout stand. I heard someone yell behind me, 'oh wait.. Ms. Petersen!', and I turned around. I guess after 4 years of being called Ms. Petersen, I'm conditioned. Just who is this Amanda Petersen I wonder, and why do I have her club card number?

1 comment:

Dr B said...

Hey!!! I am Mr PETERSON! Hans PETERSON! They say it to me every time! I love it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online