Friday, April 25, 2008

Encaustic flowers




5 x 6" encaustic on birch panel
After much experimentation trying to translate my previous flower paintings to encaustics, this is what I've come up with. There's really no controlling wax, which is what I sometimes love and sometimes hate about it. This was a good compromise. I was able to control the wax to some extent and do some drawing in it, which is fun, but there's also some lovely 'mistakes' where the wax blends and does what it will.
They are happy little paintings for Spring, and the best part is they smell fantastic!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darc I love these! Is there a family discount if I buy them from you???

BJ

Anonymous said...

love the flowers because they dont' look like normal flowers but in a good way. And that is good.

Critter

Pajarrito lindo said...

Thanks for your comments critter. I actually got the idea for the flowers when we were painting together. I started drawing neckties and they started to look like flowers. We'll have to get together and paint more soon!

Anonymous said...

yeah I hpe we can paint again cuz I haven't finished my first one.maybe next time I won't do something so challangeing.

love
critter,

Pajarrito lindo said...

it's a date critter-- let me know when you have some flowers blooming and we can paint them.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online