Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's in the bag




Well, instead of finishing the paintings I've started, I launched into another one this weekend, so no finished projects to share just yet- though I think I'll show some works in progress later..

I wanted to share this photo of some small paintings I shipped out a while back. I rarely buy prepared surfaces or canvases for painting, and instead lean towards painting on what I have on hand. When I started making small paintings to sell on Etsy, they were all on these nice wooden blocks a friend had given me or on recycled floor tiles. I wanted to protect them in shipping, but didn't want to just wrap them in bubble wrap. I ended up making these little envelope pouches out of left over canvas and using the vintage buttons I've been collecting, with no project in mind, for years.

A lot of my paintings lately are too big or thick to fit into these nice envelopes so I think I'm going to have to scavenge for some more recycled tiles this weekend.

1 comment:

loaded hips press said...

This is a really great idea!
I would be thrilled to receive a little work of art in this.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online