Friday, May 23, 2008

Home




Encaustic on hand built birch wood panel 12 x 24"
This is the finished piece with the bird transfers I was working on yesterday. I'd started out last weekend, making an encaustic painting of the bird house in our back yard. I wasn't sure where it was going to go, until I figured out the tranfer method yesterday. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I added some collage elements with the thread and painted over the surface with oil paint in some areas. I did a raw umber oil paint rub over the entire surface to accentuate the texture of the wax, which gave it a nice antique look. I also finally figured out a satisfying way to sign my encaustics using the letter stamp tools I bought months ago.
I've got some hummingbird paintings, flower tiles and another larger encaustic flower piece in the works and I'm aiming to get them all done this week. There truly aren't enough hours in the day.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online