Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where is the rain?


I've been eyeing rain boots for some time. I walk to work and am generally trudging around the city more often than most.. and it's rainy here. Or at least it was... until I splurged on my super fancy Hunter Wellies. I love a classic green rain boot. Polka dots and plaid is fine mind you, but not for me. Not really. The classic wellie may now be high fashion due to Kate Moss Glastonbury Music Festival circa 2006, but I can't bring myself to wear rain boots in dry weather. That's ridiculous. Like the Queen, I will await a proper wet and blustery day to sport my wellies. Let's just hope it's soon.
The cold spell has also been poor company for encaustic painting. I can only have one heating element on in the shed at one time before blowing the breaker. I can either keep myself warm, or the wax, not both. I did manage to finish two small pieces and nearly finish a larger one before my toes froze.
It has been good knitting weather however...I'm on my third scarf and hope to break into hats or gasp sweaters next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good friend of mine absolutely adores her boots--to the point that another woman in our book club bought a similar pair. I keep thinking I should join the boot love but I swear the minute I buy a pair, the weather will turn lovely.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online