Friday, January 4, 2008

Mail Art



My friend Leslie is an avid Mail Artist (that with a capital 'A' Leslie in case you're reading), and recently organized an exhibit of mail art at Central Library. I wasn't familiar with mail art or ATCs at all until I met Leslie, but had fun making the two collages above to send in for the library exhibit. There is indeed something wonderful about art sent via the postal system. I used to write long letters to friends with comic strips and elaborate gift packages. Now it seems I can't even type out an email. Apparently email is outdated now anyhow, and while texting is growing on me slightly, it's no match for snail mail. If it's not too late for resolutions, I think I ought to send more mail in 2008. I'd also like to receive more mail, other than the credit card offer, free tanning session variety...
Portland's DIY alert blogs about the library's mail art show here, and you can view the entire show online here.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online