Saturday, December 8, 2007

Early Bird Craftacular!




The cats got me up at 5 this morning. I couldn't go back to sleep. Usually when this happens I read, but I just finished my book so instead I made stockings! I lost track of my childhood stocking, and the felt one I made for Shawn is falling apart. I planned to buy some fabric this afternoon to make stockings, but decided this morning to forge ahead with what I had on hand. I'm glad I did. The brown is much more folksy than red and green. I lined it with some fun print fabric I bought years ago... probably with the intention of turning it into a skirt.. It's a bit lumpy in the photo, but has since been ironed smooth. I did the design by first tracing our silhouettes onto thin tracing paper. I pinned the paper down to the fabric and walked my sewing machine foot over the design. Once I'd sewn over the image, I tore away the paper to leave just the stitches. Tedious but faster than hand embroidery. The antlers are cut from some circular patches I got at SCRAP years ago. We don't have a fireplace. I hung them by the gas heater. I don't suppose Santa will shimmy down a gas heater, but like a fireplace, it is a heat sorce, so it just made good sense.

1 comment:

Dr B said...

ok...now that is awesome.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online